Fall-Winter Session Pay or Defer Deadlines
Before the Fall-Winter session, your sessional registration status is initially set as “Invited to Register”.
The Fall-Winter session fee billing (September to April) will start on July 17, 2023.
University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) fee billing for International students and residence fee billing for all students will start on July 19, 2023.
You can enroll in courses but your registration status has to be changed to “Registered” by your division’s Pay or Defer to Register deadline. Otherwise your sessional registration will be “Financially Cancelled”, and your course enrolment will be cancelled.
Paying or deferring during the registration period will automatically complete registration for each session.
Tuition payments made prior to the registration period (tuition prepayment or a credit balance from a prior session) do not automatically change your registration status to ‘Registered’. If you want your credit balance to be applied against future session fees, and the credit balance is equal to or greater than the Minimum Payment to Register amount displayed on your ACORN invoice, contact your college or faculty registrar’s office, SGS Student Services, or TST college registrar’s office during the registration period to request manual registration to ensure that your registration status has changed from ‘Invited to Register’ to ‘Registered’.
Defer to Register
Check your eligibility for a tuition deferral to register without payment if you are paying from the following funding sources:
Pay to Register
Pay at least the Minimum Payment to Register Amount displayed on your current session ACORN invoice at least 3-5 business days (for an online payment at a major Canadian financial institution or by ACORN online credit card payment or by WU Union Global Pay for Students service from outside of Canada) prior to your division’s Pay of Defer to Register deadline.
- Other types of payments can take up to 10 business days to be recorded in ACORN.
- The recording of your Minimum Payment to Register amount on ACORN will change your sessional registration status to “Registered”.
The Minimum Payment to Register (MPR) Amount is equal to Unpaid Fees from Previous Session(s) and:
- Current Fall term Tuition Fees for Fall-Winter registration.
- Minimum Charge of $320.00, if you are billed on a per course basis and have a Waitlisted course only during the registration period,
- Current Fall term Incidental and Ancillary Fees for Fall-Winter registration if you have an approved tuition waiver.
Registration offices normally allow a processing time of up to 10 days from the Pay or Defer to Register deadline, for payments to be received by the University and recorded on your ACORN invoice.
- If your payment for registration is made at your financial institution after the deadline date, you must immediately take proof of payment to your College or Faculty Registrar’s Office (undergraduate) or SGS Student Services (graduate students), or Toronto School of Theology College Registrar’s Office to complete your registration.
Fall – Winter Session Pay or Defer to Register Deadlines
Applied Science & Engineering – Undergraduate August 17, 2023 Architecture, Landscape & Design, John H. Daniels- Undergraduate August 30, 2023 Arts & Science, St. George Campus – Undergraduate August 30, 2023 Dentistry – Undergraduate September 5, 2023 Information – Undergraduate September 1, 2023 Kinesiology & Physical Education – Undergraduate August 30, 2023 Law Year 1 and Law Upper Year – New Undergraduate August 2, 2023 Law Returning Undergraduate – Year 2 & Higher September 5, 2023 Medical Radiation Sciences – Undergraduate September 5, 2023 Medicine – Undergraduate August 28, 2023 Music – Undergraduate August 30, 2023 Nursing – Undergraduate August 31, 2023 Pharmacy – Undergraduate August 25, 2023 Rotman EMBA Program – Year 1 & 2 September 1, 2023 Rotman GEMBA Health Care & Life Sci. Stream Program – Year 1 & 2 September 1, 2023 School of Graduate Studies – All Graduate Programs September 1, 2023 Toronto School of Theology August 11, 2023 Transitional Year Program – Undergraduate August 30, 2023 U of T Mississauga – Undergraduate August 16, 2023 U of T Scarborough – Undergraduate August 15, 2023