Summer Session Pay or Defer to Register Deadlines
Before the Summer session, your sessional registration status is initially set as “Invited to Register”.
Summer session fee billing (May to August) will start on April 17, 2023.
You can enroll in courses but your registration status has to be changed to “Registered” by your division’s Pay or Defer to Register deadline. Otherwise your sessional registration will be “Financially Cancelled”, and your course enrolment will be cancelled.
Paying or deferring during the registration period will automatically complete registration for each session.
Tuition payments made prior to the registration period (tuition prepayment or a credit balance from a prior session) do not automatically change your registration status to ‘Registered’. If you want your credit balance to be applied against future session fees, and the credit balance is equal to or greater than the Minimum Payment to Register amount displayed on your ACORN invoice, contact your college or faculty registrar’s office, SGS Student Services, or TST college registrar’s office during the registration period to request manual registration to ensure that your registration status has changed from ‘Invited to Register’ to ‘Registered’.
Defer to Register
Check your eligibility for a tuition deferral to register without payment if you are paying from the following funding sources:
Pay to Register
Pay at least the Minimum Payment to Register Amount displayed on your current session ACORN invoice at least 3-5 business days (for an online payment at a major Canadian financial institution or by ACORN online credit card payment or through Convera for payments outside of Canada) prior to your division’s Pay of Defer to Register deadline.
- Other types of payments can take up to 10 business days to be recorded in ACORN.
- The recording of your Minimum Payment to Register amount on ACORN will change your sessional registration status to “Registered”.
The Minimum Payment to Register (MPR) Amount is equal to Unpaid Fees from Previous Session(s) and:
- 50% of Current Summer Session Tuition Fees for Summer session registration.
- Minimum Charge of $320.00, if you are billed on a per course basis and have a Waitlisted course only during the registration period,
- 50% of Current Summer Incidental and Ancillary Fees for Summer registration if you have an approved tuition waiver.
Registration offices normally allow a processing time of up to 10 days from the Pay or Defer to Register deadline, for payments to be received by the University and recorded on your ACORN invoice.
- If your payment for registration is made at your financial institution after the deadline date, you must immediately take proof of payment to your College or Faculty Registrar’s Office (undergraduate) or SGS Student Services (graduate students), or Toronto School of Theology College Registrar’s Office to complete your registration.
|2023 Summer Session Pay or Defer to Register Deadlines|
|Applied Science & Engineering – Undergraduate||April 26|
|Architecture, Landscape & Design, John H. Daniels- Undergraduate||April 26|
|Arts & Science, St. George Campus – Undergraduate||April 26|
|Information – Undergraduate||April 26|
|Kinesiology & Physical Education – Undergraduate||April 26|
|Medicine – Undergraduate||May 1|
|Music – Undergraduate||April 26|
|Pharmacy – Undergraduate||April 26|
|Rotman Executive MBA (EMBA), Global EMBA -HLS Stream, Grad. Diploma in Prof. Acctg||May 11|
|School of Graduate Studies – All Graduate Programs||April 21|
|Toronto School of Theology||April 21|
|Transitional Year Program – Undergraduate||April 26|
|U of T Mississauga – Undergraduate||April 24|
|U of T Scarborough – Undergraduate||April 24|
|Woodsworth College Certificate||April 26|